Monday, October 13, 2008

A WHOLE NEW WORLD!!!

I can show you the world
Shining, shimmering, splendid
Tell me princess, now when did
You last let your heart decide?

I can open your eyes
Take you wonder by wonder
Over, sideways and under
On a magic carpet ride

Sometimes I just wish I had a carpet full of magic. If I had a carpet full of magic I'd give rides, and not just to extremely hot princesses named Jasmine. It'd be more like a come one come all on my magic carpet ride... "Sorry, limited seating available"

Would I have to turn those away who truly needed a ride, or would I "make a little room"? What about the hitch hikers? Where would they sit? How about on the laps of all the pretty princesses named Jasmine or Yasmin! Oh yeah and there's no judging aloud on my magic carpet ride! I'd have to put a sign in front of every seat that said "Judgers beware lest ye be thrown from this Magic Carpet Ride from extremely high altitudes!"

So this brings me to my real question... Is a Magic Carpet ride the ticket to free oneself? Is this my ticket out? Probably not because I'm pretty sure when I needed it I'd have to tell the princess and the bums "Sorry, my rugs in the shop you think I could get a ride."

My rug isn't really in the shop, it was just made to look that way. Like temptation, is it really all it's cracked up to be? Of course it is! It's there and if your wearing horse blinders please take them off because it's all around us and there's no way to hide it.

From the words of one of my truly enlightened brothers... "Yea, why should I give way to temptation, that the evil one have place in my heart to destroy my peace and afflict my soul?"

Do we let temptation get us down. If so dial 555-ADAM and I'll be by on my Magic Carpet to give you a ride. I say let not temptation get the best of you but you get the best of temptation. Stand up for what you believe I've found and do what's right. Show your true colors at all times and if your colors have faded over the years, quick grab a marker and do you best to brighten them up.

Just remember on my Magic Carpet ride, we'll fly over the roof tops "Over, sideways and under" singing;

A whole new world
A new fantastic point of view
No one to tell us no
Or where to go
Or say we're only dreaming

A whole new world
A dazzling place I never knew
But, now, from way up here
It's crystal clear
That now I'm in a whole new world with you

Trust me that's what we'll sing and we'll sing it from the roof tops, the mountain tops, and maybe even atop the "A"! But for now I'd like to tell you "au revoir" "adiós" "Tschüs" and "ciao"

Today's enlightenment... "See above paragraphs"

1 comment:

The 4 Martells said...

I'd have to say that you really do have good stuff. I like it!