Tuesday, November 11, 2008

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS...

Duhhh, When life gives you lemons, you paint that shit gold!

Well for the last few weeks I've pondered a lot of things. I've pondered things about me, I've pondered things about other people, and I've even pondered things about things that aren't about anything.

So what am I pondering today? I think today I marvel at the simple beauties in life. I do apologize that I have left my blog postless for sometime now. I've actually written several blogs since the last but when I'm done if I didn't fall asleep while writing it I ended up deleting it in the morning because I didn't feel like posting it because the moment had past and my feelings had changed.

Isn't it quite dumbfounding how thoughts change your words, your feelings, your actions, or even others feelings and actions. I have this very dear friend who is my bestest bestest friend in the whole wide world. I could say a million things about her, because simple for a lack of better words "she's supercalifragilisticexpialidocious" or one could say docious ali exp listic fragi cali super...

Really this friend means the world to me and if you watched the entire video that the link took you to you would wish you had a friend like this. This is the friend that I wrote about back in October because this friend is quite amazing.

Well moving on to something that's been on my mind a lot is forgiveness. The power of forgiveness is a very strong and soul wrenching feeling. Forgiveness is said to be "the process of ceasing to feel resentment, indignation or anger for a perceived offense, difference or mistake, and ceasing to demand punishment or restitution." I've been struggling for the last few weeks about forgiving myself really. I've made some stupid decisions in my life and although I never regret a decision or choice I've made because great meaning and enlightenment has come from those decisions whether they were good or bad. I just wish that I could have learned those lessons from making wise decisions. It's said that smart people learn from their mistakes, but a wise man learns from others mistakes."

All decisions have consequences and what we do and learn from those consequences is what defines our character. By forgiving ourselves; although, it may seem hard and unattainable at times it is possible. You have to break yourself from those thoughts of imperfections and the thoughts that there's no chance for you. I've learned not to beat yourself up over things. Yes that is the part of the process of forgiving yourself but after so much you have to put it in the past in move on from it so that burden can be lifted. Tupac said it best himself when he said "You can spend minutes, hours, days, weeks or even months over-analyzing a situations; trying to put the pieces together, justifying what could've, would've happened... or you can just leave the pieces on the floor and move the F* on."

So I bid you "la paz a su alma" until the next time we meet; whether it be here or there, in this life or after, if you are reading this I love you. I can say that with true conviction because I'm pretty sure I know who reads these and I express my love and gratitude to you. I thank each of you for the examples that you set whether that example be tangible or intangible. Just know you are an example when you least expect it.

2 comments:

Marci Wittwer Butterfield said...

love this post. and thanks for some thoughts that got me thinking. I have to give a talk on sunday on this topic so you are inspiration to me. Thanks.

paige and jord said...

i bet i know who this friend of yours is :) how thoughtful of you. you inspire me! much love